Amidst all the sugar, it’s nice to mix in some healthy treats. Whether you’re planning for a class party or just want to make a fun after-school snack with your kids, you’re gonna love these! They’re simple, festive and quick to throw together.
Witches BroomsPin Recipe
- Pretzel rods
- String cheese
- Fresh chives
- Cut the pieces of string cheese into thirds.
- Take one piece of the cut cheese. Slice is a few times about 2/3 of the way up. Turn the cheese and slice cross-wise a few more times about 2/3 of the way up.
- Press the pretzel rod down into the top of the cheese.
- Tie a piece of chive around the cheese.
Clementine PumpkinsPin Recipe
- Celery (or cucumbers, parsley, cilantro, etc)
- Black sharpie
- Use the black sharpie to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the skin of the clementines.
- Cut a small hole in the top of the elementine.
- Insert a small piece of the celery (or other greenery) as the stem.
Creepy Apple FacesPin Recipe
- Peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- Shelled sunflower seeds, almond slices, or white chocolate chips
- Strawberry slices
- Edible googly eyes
- Slice the apples.
- Scoop some of the peanut butter into a sandwich bag and clip off a corner. Pipe on the peanut butter to an apple slice and place the second slice on top of it, creating an open mouth.
- Add sunflower seeds, nuts, or chocolate chips into the peanut butter as teeth.
- Or add a slice of strawberry to look like a tongue.
- Pipe a dot fo peanut butter onto the back of the googly eyes and place them on the top apple for eyes.
I like to hang out on Instagram and share more in-depth tutorials on everything I’m make, create and organize. So, come be a part of our Homegrown Traditions Instagram community!