Protein balls are a staple in our kitchen. If there’s ever a time that we don’t have a batch in the fridge or freezer, my kids start begging to make some!
For the past year, we’ve been LOVING Safe + Fair granola. It’s allergy-friendly, delicious, and healthy. So, I decided to combine two of our favorite things and make these Birthday Cake Granola Protein Balls. And boy, am I glad that I did! They might be my new favorites protein ball variety. They’ve got a bit of a funfetti flavor and the perfect amount of crunch.
I prefer to make these with almond butter, but you could certainly use any nut butter or allergy-friendly nut butter replacement of your choice.
You’ll feel like you’re eating cookie dough when you bite into one of these protein balls, but it will leave you feeling energized and fulfilled.
Birthday Cake Granola Protein BallsPin Recipe
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup Safe + Fair Birthday Cake granola
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed or protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Use a mini cookie scoop (I use a #60) to form balls. If stacking, use parchment paper between layers.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.