I always seem to find myself rushing last-minute to grab a gift when my child is invited to a birthday party. One thing leads to another, and I always end up grabbing way more than I actually needed (I’m looking at you, Target). Or we resort to a less-than-ideal gift and I swear to be more prepared the next time around.
But now I’ve discovered the PERFECT gift to have on-hand for birthday parties – a tissue box money roll! A friend told me about this idea a few months ago and I instantly fell in love with it and had to create my own. You essentially roll up dollar bills (I typically use about 10) and paper arrows + notes into a tissue box. Half the fun of this money gift, is pulling it all out of the tissue box. It seems to just keep going and going!
Assembling this gift is super simple and I like to put together a couple at a time, so we can grab them and go when there’s a birthday party to attend.
- 1 square tissue box
- The printable (download at the bottom of this post)
- Dollar bills (I usually use about 10)
- Tissue paper (or a couple tissues from the box)
- Cut out each piece of the printable
- Gently open the side of the tissue box and remove tissues
- Tape box closed and attach gift label on the side
- Starting with the topper, tape alternating dollar bills and arrows until you get to the bottom
- Starting at the bottom, roll up the bills and paper then insert into the empty tissue box with the topper sticking out
- Secure the topper with tissue paper or tissues