Rice Krispie treats are hard to beat, in my opinion. They’re the perfect dessert with just the right amount of sweet and crunch.
Rice Krispie treats can be customized to fit any holiday, and making them carrot-shaped is perfect for Easter. With a little orange food coloring (or yellow and red) and a sprig of parsley you are set.
Carrot-Shaped Rice Krispie TreatsPin Recipe
- 6 Tbs butter
- 2 (10 oz) bags mini marshmallows
- 12 oz box Rice Krispie cereal
- orange food coloring (or yellow + red)
- white chocolate chips
- parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows just until melted.
- Take off heat and add orange (or red and yellow) food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Stir in Rice Krispies until coated.
- Generously spray a sheet pan with nonstick spray and pour the Rice Krisipe mixture into the pan.
- TIP: wet your hands with water before pressing down the Rice Krispies into the pan so they won't stick.
- Once cool, cut into long triangles.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each. Color with food coloring. Pour into a piping bag or sandwich bag with a corner cut off.
- Pipe over the Rice Krispie triangles and let set.
- Use leafy greens for an accent as the carrot stem.
If you make your own carrot-shaped Rice Krispie Treats, I’d love to see you post it on Instagram and tag me @homegrowntraditions!