Making fondue on Valentine’s Day has been one of our favorite family traditions for the past 5+ years. But this delicious and easy cheese fondue is great any day of the year! It comes together in minutes and is kid-friendly, containing no alcohol.
I love serving this cheese fondue with roasted veggies, chunks of bread, green apples, crackers, and any other pantry items that look like they’d go well with a cheese dip.
This recipe is SO easy with an electric fondue pot. It makes it a one-pot recipe. You don’t have to deal with any heating candles, the temperature can be adjusted, and it’s dishwasher-safe. Grab my favorite model here. If you don’t have a fondue pot, you can also heat the ingredients on the stove and transfer to a slow cooker to eat.
We always pair this cheese fondue with our chocolate fondue, so make sure to check out that recipe as well!
Family-Friendly Cheese FonduePin Recipe
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese shredded
- 1 lb gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- dash paprika and nutmeg
- Combine ingredients in a fondue pot or pot on the stove.
- Heat over medium-low and stir continually until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately with bread, veggies, crackers, and any other desired dippers.