Instant Pot popcorn. Yes, it’s a thing and it’s amazing! With 4 simple ingredients and about 5 minutes, this is the only way I make popcorn now.
Not only is it healthier and cheaper than its microwave-bag counterpart, it tastes leaps and bounds better. This popcorn made with all-natural ingredients comes in at less than $.75 per 8-cup batch.
There’s a nuttiness to the butter, which browns as it heats up and it tastes so fresh and perfectly popped. You’ll wonder how you ever enjoyed popcorn any other way.
This Instant Pot popcorn is going into our after-school snack rotation and will likely make an appearance at every weekend movie night too.
Instant Pot PopcornPin Recipe
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- kosher salt to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to “saute”. Melt coconut oil and butter in pot until bubbling.
- Pour in popcorn kernels and stir until coated.
- Place lid on instant pot, allowing it to vent (not pressure cook).
- Allow 3-4 minutes for kernels to pop. Once there’s a couple seconds between pops, turn the Instant Pot off, but keep the lid on for another minute to let the remaining kernels pop.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with salt, to taste.
If you make your own Instant Pot popcorn, I’d love to see you post it on Instagram and tag me @homegrowntraditions!