I know what you’re thinking … “oil face wash?” It may sounds counterintuitive but hear me out. I’ve been using this for the last couple months and it’s SO GOOD. My skin is more healthy, bright and hydrated than ever.
Oil cleansing is a mild way to wash your face that causes less irritation and is very effective of removing makeup and unwanted oils.
My skin is combination, so it tends to get a bit oily throughout the day, but can also dry out and be flaky. I’ve noticed a HUGE difference in how hydrated my skin stays all day and how it doesn’t tend to get as oily. Pretty crazy, right?
And this homemade oil face wash recipe is SO easy to make with 3 simple ingredients that you can tweak depending on your skin type.
Oil face wash might not be the right solution for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend giving it a try! Especially if you’re trying to use safer, more natural beauty products. Your skin is your largest organ, so it’s important to think about what it’s absorbing.
Oil Face WashPin Recipe
- 3 Tbs fractioned coconut oil
- 3 Tbs jojoba oil
- 2 Tbs castor oil
- Combine oils in glass pump bottle and shake until combined.
- If wearing makeup, get skin wet with warm water and rub gently with a microfiber cloth to remove most of the makeup. Dry skin.
- Massage oil face wash into dry skin for 1-2 minutes with a silicone face scrubber. Get the microfiber cloth wet with hot water, ring it out, and place over face to "steam".
- This recipe calls for 3 parts of a carrier oil + 1 part castor oil. You can use any carrier oil(s) that you prefer. I have combination skin so I use jojoba oil (which is better for dry skin) and fractioned coconut oil (which is better for oily skin) as my carrier oils.
- You can use 1 carrier oil or 2 carrier oils, it's up to you! You just want to stick with the ratio of 3 parts carrier oil to every 1 part castor oil.
- For example, someone with dry skin could use 3 parts olive oil and 1 part castor oil. Someone with oily skin could use 1 part grapeseed oil, 1 part argan oil, and 1 part castor oil.
- Good carrier oils for dry skin: olive, avocado, jojoba or sunflower oil.
- Good carrier oils for oily skin: grapeseed, argan or fractioned coconut oil.
- I use this oil face wash at night only. In the morning I just splash my face with some water in the shower. But you can use it morning and night if you prefer.
What I Used
I like to hang out on Instagram and share more in-depth tutorials on everything I’m making, creating and organizing. So, come be a part of our Homegrown Traditions Instagram community!