I know what you’re thinking … “oil face wash?” It may sounds counterintuitive but hear me out. I’ve been using this for the last couple months and it’s SO GOOD. My skin is more healthy, bright and hydrated than ever.
Oil cleansing is a mild way to wash your face that causes less irritation and is very effective of removing makeup and unwanted oils.
My skin is combination, so it tends to get a bit oily throughout the day, but can also dry out and be flaky. I’ve noticed a HUGE difference in how hydrated my skin stays all day and how it doesn’t tend to get as oily. Pretty crazy, right?
And this homemade oil face wash recipe is SO easy to make with 3 simple ingredients that you can tweak depending on your skin type.
Oil face wash might not be the right solution for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend giving it a try! Especially if you’re trying to use safer, more natural beauty products. Your skin is your largest organ, so it’s important to think about what it’s absorbing.
Oil Face WashPin Recipe
- 3 Tbs organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbs organic castor oil
- Blend oils in blender until smooth.
- Massage into dry skin for 1-2 minutes. Get a cloth wet with hot water, ring it out, and place over face to "steam".
- I like using 3 parts carrier oils to 1 part castor oil.
- If you have dry skin try olive, avocado, jojoba or sunflower oil.
- If you have oily skin try grapeseed, argan or coconut oil.
I like to hang out on Instagram and share more in-depth tutorials on everything I’m making, creating and organizing. So, come be a part of our Homegrown Traditions Instagram community!