One of the biggest time-savers as a mom is preparing food in bulk. And what I love most about making muffins and mini muffins is how portable and easy to eat they are.
Mini pancake muffins have been my go-to for the last couple years and we almost always have them in our fridge or freezer. They make a great breakfast because you don’t have to sit at the stove cooking a couple pancakes at a time. You mix up the batter, scoop them into your pan, and have an entire batch of pancakes ready to eat all at the same time.
These pancake muffins freeze and thaw really well, so they’re perfect for school lunches. We put them directly from the freezer into the kids’ lunchboxes and by the time lunch rolls around, they’re perfectly thawed.
These work great as mini muffins or regular-size muffins – just note the different bake times.
Basic Pancake MuffinsPin Recipe
- 3 overripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- toppings of choice (mini chocolate chips, oats, blueberries, cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Smash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, pancake mix and milk. Stir until combined. Scoop into a greased muffin pan. Sprinkle with toppings of choice.
- FOR MINI MUFFINS: Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- FOR REGULAR-SIZE MUFFINS: Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup for dipping.