When life is busy and you’re always on-the-go, it’s so nice to have pre-made snacks that will fill you with energy and are easy to grab and go. These protein bites are a staple in our house and I always have a batch in the fridge or freezer. They’re great to eat before or after a workout, to send in kids lunches or as a treat to fulfill your sweet-tooth hankering.
These protein balls are easily customizable. You can switch out the peanut butter with any nut butter of your choice. You can also change the flavor by using different extracts or nuts/seeds in place of the mini chocolate chips.
This basic protein ball recipe is always a favorite at our house – even with my kids and husband. They come together quickly and easily with ingredients you likely have in your pantry. With peanut butter, raw honey, milled flaxseed or protein powder, vanilla extract, oats and mini chocolate chips, they’re packed with nutrients and energy.
You’ll feel like you’re eating cookie dough when you bite into one of these protein balls, but it will leave you feeling energized and fulfilled.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein BallsPin Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed or protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla and flaxseed in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Use a mini cookie scoop to form balls. If stacking, use parchment paper between layers.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.