I recently came up with a recipe for the perfect chocolate peanut butter mug cake. Once I perfected the recipe, it became a nightly ritual. And because I like to experiment with variations, I tried a snickerdoodle variation and I might like it even more than the original!
If you like snickerdoodle cookies, you’ve got to try this snickerdoodle mug cake recipe. It’s light and delicious with just a hint of cinnamon. It’s naturally sweetened with real maple syrup and requires only 5 ingredients.
I got my Cinnamon Oat Kodiak Cakes at Target, but if you can’t find any, you can sub regular kodiak cakes or flour and add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
Snickerdoodle Mug CakePin Recipe
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon Oat Kodiak Cakes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs almond butter
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe mug. Stir until incorporated.
- Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.
- You can substitute whole-wheat or all-purpose flour if you don’t have Kodiak Cakes mix. Just add 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- You can also use peanut butter instead of almond butter – I just prefer the more mild almond taste in this recipe.
What I Used
I like to hang out on Instagram and share more in-depth tutorials on everything I make, create and organize. Come be a part of our Homegrown Traditions Instagram community.