Crepes are always a crowd-pleaser in our family. Our favorite thing to do is create a crepe bar with both sweet and savory ingredients. That way, everyone can assemble their own and try several varieties.
This simple recipe for crepes never disappoints. It’s the perfect texture, flavor-profile and is very forgiving. I like to blend it up in advance and keep it chilled in the fridge until we’re ready to cook them up.
These crepes can also be made ahead of time and frozen. Simply cook them up like the recipe instructs, placing a piece of parchment paper between each cooked crepe. When cooled, place them in a gallon-sized freezer bag and into the freezer. Thaw in the fridge or on the counter for a few hours when ready to enjoy.
The Best (and easiest) Crepes RecipePin Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth.
- Cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the center of the skillet and swirl it around to make a circle.
- When crepe has small bubbles on the top, flip it with a rubber spatula and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with sweet and savory toppings of your choice.
If you make your own crepes, I’d love to see you post it on Instagram and tag me @homegrowntraditions!